Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Sweet 16 Kaitlyn!!!!














I can't believe Kaitlyn is 16. She is such a sweet(usually) addition to our family. I must say that it is totally different having a daughter turn 16 and be able to date than a son. So many more worries. This is going to have to be a quick post because I have a paper that is due and I have to get up at 5:00 tomorrow. UGHHH! I'll post more tomorrow with pictures.

Here are 16 reasons we LOVE Kaitlyn!

1. She is kind.

2. She wants to do what is right.

3. She can keep a secret. J/K But we love you anyway.

4. She is a great student.

5. She lives the young women values.

6. She is confident in who she is and loves it.

7. She is talented - plays the piano and sings.

8. She loves her siblings - most of the time.

9. She is an example to others.

10. She'll watch old movies with me.

11. She is a great help for me. I really couldn't be in school without her.

12. She is incredibly smart.

13. She likes to have fun.

14. She likes to play games with the family.

15. She has good friends.

16. She talks to us and tells us ALL about her day and what is going on in her life.

2/6/09 Here is a little more and some pictures to reminisce with.



I love this picture of her. She still makes this pouting face, but it's not quite as cute and doesn't have the same effect. It also shows off how chubby she was.


















I love the fact that through their entire life, J.J. and Kaitlyn (for the most part) have been friends. There have been ups and downs, but they have always played games, watched TV, and now that they are in high school together, they still hang out occasionally. They have friends in common.


Proof that Danielle and Kaitlyn did get along at one time. I keep reminding them of this. Actually they still do for the most part, but I just don't understand the whole sister relationship. One of my sisters is 10 yrs older than me and the other is 19 yrs older so I didn't really grow up with a sister in the house per se. These two are either fighting like cats and dogs or they are sweeter than honey. It's hot and cold for them. They are getting better and they are trying and working on it.



Kaitlyn is a great example for her sisters. She is helping so much with Mikenna right now. They get along and have fun going to piano lessons together.








We really love you Kaitlyn. We couldn't ask for more in a daughter.

9 comments:

Shalisa said...

Happy birthday, Kaitlyn! I like #20. How true it is! She doesn't just talk about her day. She will talk about anything to anyone who will listen...and we love you for it. Our lives would be so boring without you. Love, your prima favorita!

Shalisa said...

I meant # 16. Where or where did I get 20? Long day!

brenda said...

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn. Hope you had a great day. You're also a great partner in crime.lol. Remember when you got the ketchup out of Grams fridge cause no one would suspect you. That wss the all time favorite April Fool's Prank on Uncle Brett pretending to cut Brady's ear. It still makes me laugh. Thanks. I hope your Dad isn't cleaning his gun on your first date. Love ya.

Colleen Lunt said...

I like the gun comment. I think it will work well, John. Do you need bigger guns to make the look more threatening? I have 2 really long thick shotguns! We love you Kaitlyn.

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday, Kaitlyn!! It seems like just yesterday, you were my sweet little beehive, all brand new! hmmmmm...

Anne said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KAITLYN!! Sweet Sixteen. Wow!!

The Lunt Family said...

Happy Birthday to a very sweet young woman! We are so happy to have you in our family! Thanks for being a wonderful example!
Love the Eagar Lunts

Clint and Mari Cluff said...

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! 16, wow how time fly's. You have definitely grown up to be a wonderful young lady.

Rebecca said...

Kaitlyn, you are so beautiful don't you forget it! Happy Birthday! My favorite Kaitlyn story was when we were traveling in the van and Kaitlyn kept asking Nae- Nae- mom- mommy- mom- Nae- . Nae would ask yes? what? But I guess she just wanted out of her car seat and her mom to hold her because I'm not sure she quit till we got there:)