Thursday, January 29, 2009

What A Week!!!

This week I will be 1/2 way done with my first placement. Therefore, Monday, I received an email from my supervisor telling me that my observation for student teaching is on Tuesday (yes I was given 24 hours notice) for my midterm evaluation. I don't teach a regular lesson at 1:00, so I was scrambling to come up with something and changing the students' schedules. Long story short, it went well : 0 The only thing I could have done better was that when I make a request of the students, I need to be firmer. Imagine that. Me - needing to be more stern with my voice.

Two days later (today) I had to lead my first IEP. For those of you who do not know what this is, it is a meeting to determine if a student will be placed into special education or to evaluate their placement. I was scared spitless. Try talking and explaining how a student is doing when you mouth is dry. I also had to write this IEP. It was a good learning experience, but scared me.

On a more humorous side, the teacher I am with is from Pittsburgh. Yes she is a Steelers fan. UGH!! She was wearing a Steelers hat and one student with autism asked her what was on her hat and she said it was a Steelers hat. The student then asked her if she stole it. This is how my day goes all of the time. These guys are quite humorous. But GO CARDINALS!!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I am so excited for you! Student teaching is a lot of work, but so fun. I'm sure you are wonderful at it!