Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Mikenna !!!!


















I can hardly believe that Mikenna is 9 years old. She has brought so much laughter and joy into our family. She is so funny and keeps all of us laughing.

Mikenna wouldn't wait for the doctor (more like the nurse wouldn't listen and call the doctor), but from that moment she has been full of life and couldn't wait for what the world had to offer.

She was born with so much hair that was streaked with blond highlights. My nurse made the comment "People pay big bucks to get hair like that." and it really did look like it had been highlighted. It had 3 or 4 different color of highlights. I wish there was a picture that showed it, but it was amazing.



The other thing that Mikenna has loved since she was barely walking is shoes. I have never seen someone so young have an affinity to shoes. When she was 2 or 3, I could walk through the toy section with her in the cart without a single reaction. When I would pass the shoe section of a store, she would beg to go try on shoes. If she ever got any extra money of her own, 9 times out of 10 she bought shoes. She still does.
Then




































Now














Happy Birthday Mikenna !!!!
You are such a beautiful girl inside and out and so much fun. You bring so much happiness to our family. Everyone enjoys being with you. Keep making such great choices. We love you.









4 comments:

Laura said...

Mikenna is so beautiful! I can't believe how old she is now! Wow. Happy Birthday, Mikenna!!

Cami D. said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! I'm sure glad you were born! :) Love you!

Kelly Merrell said...

Yay Mikenna! Happy day! Those prom picture of JJ are so awesome! Miss you guys!

Ali said...

Hey Lanae, just found your blog. Happy Birthday Mikenna - you're the sweetest girl! xoxo Sis. Taylor

PS - took my blog private. If you want an invite e-mail me at alitaylorbloginvite@yahoo.com