Monday, May 4, 2009

Student Teaching

YAY!!!!!!! I did it!!! I am done with my student teaching, certification tests, and everything, just waiting for my University recommendation to come in the mail and I will get my official certicate...and as a reward...I have had a lazy day. I did apply online for a few jobs, but when J.J. came home for lunch, he asked me if I was going to just be lazy all day. My response...YEP!!!! I am giving myself one day. Tomorrow, I am going out to schools and dropping off resumes and going for an observation. I will officially graduate on Saturday, but we are not going up to Flagstaff for me to walk. I would much rather stay here and see J.J. get ready and send him off for his senior Prom. I know my time with him is short until he leaves, so it is definitely more important.

My next step...FIND A JOB in this wonderful economy and hope and pray that the legislature will hurry and find out where they stand so that the districts will be able to finish their hiring processes. My saving grace is that I am looking to teach in special education. I feel so bad for general ed teachers right now who are without jobs. There needs to be some re-prioritizing going on in the legislature. OK I'll get off my soap box.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I really can't tell you how proud of and impressed with you I am! You are amazing and such a great example! way to go!

Laura said...

Congrats! You definitely deserve a lazy day (or two). Good luck with job searching!

Colleen Lunt said...

Good job!! Doesn't it feel good to have some insurance behind you?

By the way would you and your girls mind doing a little poll for me and tell me which bags you like best? What colors did you like best, and what pattern of bag do you like best? I am trying to see what people like the best.